About Mark Doyle
Over a career spanning 30 years, Mark Doyle has advised hundreds of large and sophisticated Canadian corporate and government pension funds on investment strategy, including the CPP Investment Board, Air Canada Pension Investments and University of Toronto Asset Management. Mark worked at three global investment management firms, as an institutional client advisor:
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Canada) 2006 – 2014
- Barclays Global Investors Canada (Blackrock) 2000 – 2006
- TD Asset Management (Canada) 1995 – 2000
Mark has gained extensive knowledge and experience in investment theory and practical application, including portfolio design, asset mix, risk management and client advisory.
Mark’s experience is complemented by considerable academic achievement in the fields of economics, business, finance, financial analysis, regulatory compliance, and retirement planning.
- BA (Economics) – The University of Western Ontario 1983
- MBA (Finance) – The University of Toronto 1992
- Chartered Financial Analyst – The CFA Institute 1996
- Diploma in Financial Planning – The Canadian Institute of Financial Planning 2015
- FPSC Level 1 Certification in Financial Planning – Financial Planning Standards Council 2016
- Chief Compliance Officers Qualifying Examination – Canadian Securities Institute 2017
Registrations & Memberships
- Ontario Securities Commission – Portfolio Manager and Exempt Market Dealer
- CFA Institute – Chartered Financial Analyst
- Financial Planning Standards Council
- Canadian Securities Institute
Founder of Marksman Asset Management Inc.
Mark founded Marksman (formerly Resolute Asset Management) in 2017 so that he could utilize his experience and passion for investing to help people achieve their investment goals. Marksman is a Toronto-based, independent asset management corporation, registered with the Ontario Securities Commission as Portfolio Manager and Exempt Market Dealer. Marksman provides professional portfolio management services for Ontario-based individuals and families.
Mark was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia and spent his formative years near Gananoque, Ontario. He lives in Toronto with his wife Kelly and their two children. The family enjoys boating, skiing, cycling, tennis and traveling.